The day to day management of the institution is carried out by the Director General with a core team of experts and technical staffs in four Departments. The Legal Unit reports directly to the Director General.
The current organisational structure of PURA is as illustrated in the diagram below;
Board of Directors
The governing Board of PURA is appointed by the President of the Republic of The Gambia on the recommendation of the Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs. The first Board was appointed in October 2004 with a term limit of three years which ended in September 2007. It was reconstituted in December 2007 and served another three years to December 2010. A new Chairman was appointed in 2010 and currently the third Board has been appointed.
The Board comprises:
- A Non Executive Chairperson,
- Two Non-Executive Directors,
- The Director General of PURA
- The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs (an ex-officio member)
- The Director of Administration and Human Resources of PURA acts as the Secretary to the Board.